|Vodka . . . Who would have thunk it?|
- To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the
bandage with vodka.
The solvent dissolves the adhesive.
- To clean the caulking around bathtubs and
showers, fill a trigger- spray bottle with vodka, spray the
caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean.
The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.
- To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the
lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in
the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.
- Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup
with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol
The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
- Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a
brush, then blot dry.
- Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face
as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
- Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of
shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair,
and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
- Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and
spray bees or wasps to kill them.
- Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup
water in a Ziploc freezer bag, and freeze for a slushy,
refreshable ice pack for aches, pain, or black eyes.
- Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with
freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the
lid tightly and set in the sun for three days.
Strain liquid through a coffee filter, then apply the tincture to
aches and pains.
- Make your own mouthwash by mixing nine
tablespoons powered cinnamon with one cup vodka. Seal in an
airtight container for two weeks. Strain through a coffee filter. Mix with warm water and rinse your mouth. Don't swallow.
- Using a q-tip, apply vodka to a cold sore to
help it dry out.
- If a blister opens, pour vodka over the raw
skin as a local anesthetic that also disinfects the exposed dermis.
- To treat dandruff, mix one cup vodka with
two teaspoons crushed rosemary, let sit for two days, strain through
a coffee filter and massage into your scalp and let dry.
- To treat an earache put a few drops of vodka
in your ear. Let set for a few minutes. Then drain. The vodka
will kill the bacteria that is causing pain in your ear.
- To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub
vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.
- To cure foot odor, wash your feet with
- Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a
- Pour vodka over an area affected with poison
ivy to remove the urushiol oil from your skin.
- Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.